Apparently both WordPress and Smugmug host images through Amazon’s servers, and Amazon failed in a spectacular fashion this morning. The outage took down both www.alexanderwild.com and many of the images for this blog, so if things appear to behave oddly, that’s what’s happening.
This blog is an archive; the Myrmecos blog has moved.
Please update your bookmarks!
- CombineZP: stack your images for free
- Rover Ants (Brachymyrmex patagonicus), an emerging pest species
- How to Identify the Argentine Ant, Linepithema humile
- Friday Beetle Blogging: Net-winged beetle larva
- Beware the Cow-Killer
- About Alex Wild
- The World's Largest Ants...
- The Odorous House Ant, Tapinoma sessile
- A Guide to the Insect Field Guides of North America
- An Ant Lion in Action
- animation Ants aphids arachnids Argentina arizona army ants art Bees beetles behavior biodiversity biology Biology Links bugs Canon carabidae coleoptera copyright Darwin desert diptera E. O. Wilson ecology entomology Evolution fail fire ants Flies formicidae genetics google haiku Harpegnathos imaging Insect Links Insects invasive species lighting Linepithema macro macrophotography macro photography Martialis media miniscule muppets music myrmecology mystery natural history Nature new species odontomachus Parasites Paratrechina pests pheidole Photography Photography business photoshop phylogenetics phylogeny Pogonomyrmex politics predation Scarabaeidae Science SEM social insects spiders Taxonomy termites travel wasps