Not much time to blog today. Instead, some links:
- Roberto Keller has wonderfully detailed SEMs of the clypeal pegs of amblyoponine ants.
- Douglas Adams’ Jeremy Lee’s view of Australia is spot on, except for the bit about snakes, which are worse than Adams Lee thinks. (h/t John Wilkins)
- The New Scientist lists their most stunning images of 2008. (via Ainsley Seago, whose beetle cuticle comes in at #5)
- Christopher Taylor ponders the evolution of insect metamorphosis.
- Igor Siwanowicz is, in my eyes, the finest insect portrait photographer working today. Check out an ad campaign of his (h/t Bug Dreams), and a photo of the master at work.