I’ve created a set of desktop wallpapers to fit the newer 1680 x 1050 widescreen monitors. To put any of the following on your desktop, click on the image. Once the large version loads to your browser, right-click and select “Set as desktop background.”
This blog is an archive; the Myrmecos blog has moved.
Please update your bookmarks!
- CombineZP: stack your images for free
- How to Identify the Argentine Ant, Linepithema humile
- Rover Ants (Brachymyrmex patagonicus), an emerging pest species
- Reader question: who discovered the sex of ant workers?
- Dracula Ants at Myrmecos.net
- The World's Largest Ants...
- A Guide to the Insect Field Guides of North America
- New genes for studying beetle evolution (or, blogging my own research)
- Friday Beetle Blogging: Palo Verde Beetle
- How to Identify Queen Ants
- animation Ants aphids arachnids Argentina arizona army ants art Bees beetles behavior biodiversity biology Biology Links bugs Canon carabidae coleoptera copyright Darwin desert diptera E. O. Wilson ecology entomology Evolution fail fire ants Flies formicidae genetics google haiku Harpegnathos imaging Insect Links Insects invasive species lighting Linepithema macro macrophotography macro photography Martialis media miniscule muppets music myrmecology mystery natural history Nature new species odontomachus Parasites Paratrechina pests pheidole Photography Photography business photoshop phylogenetics phylogeny Pogonomyrmex politics predation Scarabaeidae Science SEM social insects spiders Taxonomy termites travel wasps