I discovered while googling about this morning that Australian ant guru Steve Shattuck has been uploading some very nice photos to flickr. With any luck we’ll be seeing some of these in a new incarnation of the Australian Ants book.
This blog is an archive; the Myrmecos blog has moved.
Please update your bookmarks!
- CombineZP: stack your images for free
- Rover Ants (Brachymyrmex patagonicus), an emerging pest species
- How to Identify the Argentine Ant, Linepithema humile
- Beware the Cow-Killer
- The Rogue Taxonomist
- Friday Beetle Blogging: A Male Glow-worm
- The most-studied ants, an update
- A Guide to the Insect Field Guides of North America
- When taxonomists wage war in Wikipedia
- The Odorous House Ant, Tapinoma sessile
- animation Ants aphids arachnids Argentina arizona army ants art Bees beetles behavior biodiversity biology Biology Links bugs Canon carabidae coleoptera copyright Darwin desert diptera E. O. Wilson ecology entomology Evolution fail fire ants Flies formicidae genetics google haiku Harpegnathos imaging Insect Links Insects invasive species lighting Linepithema macro macro photography macrophotography Martialis media miniscule muppets music myrmecology mystery natural history Nature new species odontomachus Parasites Paratrechina pests pheidole Photography Photography business photoshop phylogenetics phylogeny Pogonomyrmex politics predation Scarabaeidae Science SEM social insects spiders Taxonomy termites travel wasps